So, if you’ve been following my latest rants here on ROS, you know that I’m a big fan of straight-shooting and ass-kicking. I thought I would switch it up a bit this week and give you some good ole fashioned encouragement. Sometimes I do like to trade in my army fatigues for some unicorn-covered jammies…
I truly believe that one of the toughest battles we face as humans is with our own mind. Truly choosing to speak kindly to ourselves. And not just positively, but in a way that truly empowers us. One thing I have noticed in my work is that for some, the perfect positive self-talk can be hard to come up with or generate.
So, until you get this bitch on lock down, I thought I would provide some easy-to-reference, go-to mantras for self empowerment. There is a bit of work on your behalf though. Read on.
Step 1) So, here’s your assignment. First, notice the shit you’ve been talking to yourself. When do you get triggered? What is that voice saying? Write it out if you have to. Or at least say it out loud to see how badly you’ve been bullying yourself.
Step 2) After you have deciphered the exact language you have been using against yourself, you can then begin to consciously switch the message. What I want you to do, is pick a handful of the following mantras and start fueling your mind with this dialogue. Look for what resonates. What feels better than what you currently say to yourself? Also, feel free to tweak them in any way to feel more applicable to you. Make up your own. Whatever. Anything is better than being a shit-talker to yourself.
Step 3) Get inundated. Whatever your new message is, I want you to smother yourself with it. This is a reconditioning. Put your favorite mantras on your screensavers… both phone and computer. On your mirrors. On your planners. On you desk at work. In your car. Actively PROGRAM YOUR NEW MESSAGE.
Step 4) Enjoy being kind to yourself. Feels a hell-of-a lot better, huh?
Step 5) Share with me your faves or the new mantras you’ve come up with for yourself!
- I love the woman/man I’m becoming.
- I am learning the art of self love.
- I am a survivor.
- I am the only thing in my own way.
- I am proud of the woman/man I am.
- I believe I can be kinder to myself.
- I have the power to change my world.
- I choose to let others opinions of me be their responsibility.
- I will conduct myself in such a way in which I can be proud.
- I have much to celebrate.
- I am actively becoming a better me.
- I am redefining what it means to trust.
- I am redefining what is important to me.
- I choose to stop apologizing for being me.
- I am committed to celebrating the person that I am.
- I am committed to loving me.
- I choose to highly value my thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
- I choose to consciously surround myself with positive influences.
- I am capable of making healthy choices.
- I know how to adequately fuel my body.
- I will accomplish whatever I choose to accomplish.
- I choose to believe in me.
- I commit to listening to my intuition.
- I know putting myself first is not about being selfish, it’s about self-care.
- I will be led by my dreams.
- I will be fueled by passion.
- I give myself permission to both fail and succeed.
- I have the ability to choose happiness.
- I have the ability to see the brighter side.
- I am a sexual being capable of extreme intimacy.
- I know I am braver that I can see.
- My pace is perfect.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- I am the Divine.
- I am the only “sign” I need.
- I deserve greatness.
- I deserve sublime happiness.
- I am deserving of abundance.
- I consciously choose love above all else.
- I am capable of great kindness.
- I believe in all of my abilities.
- Today, I choose me.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I choose to live in freedom over fear.
- I am motivated by peace.
- I recognize that my past does not have to define me.
- I define myself by my character not my circumstance.
- I have abundant courage.
- I have the ability to persevere.
- I am a badass.
(Want more tips on radically falling in love with yourself? The bestie and I have been cookin’ up some pretty cool shit. Click HERE for more deets.)